2012-01-24

So the past few days have been kind of a blur. Not drunken blur, I assure you. Just a blur because I've been working my ass off doing doubles every day and the days just seem to mush together. We've had the lovely people from a music festival called Big Day Out staying with us at the hotel and as always that is reason for us to really show we have our shit together in the bar. Since it's mostly rockers at this particular festival I had no idea who anyone was, unlike others of my fellow Stingers. That probably worked in my favor though as I treated all of them with the same hospitality as I usually do and tried to do my up most for all of them to be happy campers. I thought most of them were the roadies/managers etc, turns out I was hanging out with most of the actual bands playing at the thing all weekend. Oh well. Happy unknowingly bliss I guess.

After all my hard work it felt incredible nice to enjoy a relaxing Thermal massage at spaQ (our new spa at the hotel). My brand new umbrella broke like 3 times on the way to QT (which is about 2,5 blocks from my building) until it finally died on me right when I was crossing the street outside the hotel. Completely soaked I entered the lobby. Probably looked like a drenched cat. Wouldn't be the first time! Anyways. This massage was unreal. I want to go back and get more and more and then some. Learned that (who would have guessed?!) - I have too much tension in my body - and that this much tension in a person is not normal - so I should probably look into A)getting massages regularly B) try some acupuncture or C) ingest magnesium in some form. Not once did she explicitly say: try to stress less. Haha. Realistically speaking though, yes - relaxation is good - stressing is bad. Get onto it woman! I'll try my best and let you know how it goes ;)

So after this beautiful little spoil-myself-rotten-episode at the spa I had to venture back out in a stormy rain-flooded Surfers Paradise. Now this is when you truly notice you are a spoiled brat. You take a cab home from the spa because you don't feel like getting soaked prior to looking at yet another luxury apartment to live in for the next 6 months of your stay (as a student) in Australia.

With that being said; I think we finally found our new place today. Pure joy! When we stepped in I just knew. Like last time. "This is our new home!" It's such a relief. Cross your fingers for us! We want the owners to accept us as permanent residents of this lovely new home.

Being a happy camper again, with one less issue to deal with, Jamie and I settled in watching old movies like Face/Off while the rain was drumming away on the outside. Also waiting for it to mellow out so I could go see my lovely Nicole and play for a bit @ Black Coffee Lyrics. I miss my little American being all chirpy and wise behind the bar. Making me laugh hearing about new & old adventures that this little vixen gets caught in on a regular basis. She never ends surprising me. Which, to me, is a pretty damn fine quality in a person. Needless to say it was a great end to the afternoon and start of the night.

Speaking of nighttime pleasures - last night we had cocktail training at work which as always is a tone of fun. We had Mr Jason Crawley teach us about the "7 drinks you must try before you die". Pretty catchy, huh? He's such a funny guy. I remember him from my first training sesh at Stingers when I was brand new and he was telling us the history of alcohol and joked about both Scandos and Americans - making both me and ms Nicole highly bee-ish and ready to sting back. All in good fun, of course. He is a great teacher when it comes to the history of our business and I wish he was around more often so I could pick his brain.

Either which way - I feel like I'm just babbling on here about things you might not even care about. I have to say one more thing though and that is I'M SO SORRY I'M TERRIBLE AT GETTING BACK/KEEPING IN CONTACT WITH PEOPLE at the moment. Working crazy hours, not having working internet at home and being on summer holidays is not the best combo when it comes to staying on top of all your relationships. I'm truly sorry for that guys. Not my intention AT ALL. I'll try to better myself now when internet seems to be up and running again!

Lots of love,

Ylver / Ylv / Sweet Y / Princess Leia / Avly and well - unless you didn't get it - Ylva!

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar