2011-07-07

ESHRE

The past few days I've been working at ESHRE, the European Society of Human Reproduction and Embryology as a "directional". This meant that I was eeeeverywhere. Doing everyone else's tasks when needed, but mostly I was up in the press office with Olivia "handling" press releases, helping out at the many daily press conferences and searching for news about the new releases we had posted in world news. All the things that we put together were then shown on big screens around the congress halls. I have to say I was pretty pleased!! ;)
Oh, and I got to email all news papers, magazines, TV stations etc around the world. Giants like NY Times, BBC, Wall Street Journal, FOX news, and magazines like Marie Claire and so on. All major places and of course the smaller ones as well. Later during the day, when we were looking for news, I was beyond excited to see that the emails that I sent out were written about in Marie Claire, BBC and so forth. Talk about instant gratification :)

Another thing that always strikes me when I'm working at events is that you get to meet all these inspiring people who have accomplished miracles in one way or the other.
And then there's the group of event staff.. Lots of good people. Lots of funny people too. Some who I could see myself becoming real friends with if the situation presented itself. You become somewhat of a family when working together during longer events.

I feel like I can talk about this congress forever. I was having so much fun!! Of course there were times of boredom and my body ached after each long day, but thinking back it was a great experience. I'm sad I'm going to miss the ECCO congress in September.

Btw I got those flowers from two of our colleagues/supervisors at the press office, together with a big box of chocolate. Such a couple of sweethearts!!

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar